'Stairway to Heaven' Day Tour From Dublin
Exclusive premium tour trail
With a visit to the Marble Arch Caves
"Join us on our Stairway To Heaven Day Tour From Dublin"
Price: €32 / €42 with Caves Pass
Meeting Point: Outside the Bank Bar, 20 College Green, Dublin, Dublin 2
Departs: Daily at 7am
Book and check all availability online now
***Likely to sell out
***FREE CANCELLATION (24hr Notice)
***FREE WiFi on selected coaches
***Dedicated group bookings manager to assist you
***TRIP ADVISOR 97% SATISFACTION RATING
Travel with us to Ireland's very own Stairway To Heaven in Fermanagh along The Cuilcagh Legnabrocky
Trail on our unique Day tour from Dublin
The Cuilcagh Legnabrocky Trail (16km return) is one walk within the long distance Cuilcagh Waymarked Way, a 33km walking route encapsulating Cuilcagh Mountain and its surrounding landscapes and townlands. It's a linear route which will appeal to walkers with some experience walking in the hills. The route is isolated and beautifully showcases the scenic wilderness of Cuilcagh Mountain.
The trail meanders along a quiet farmland track before traversing a wooden boardwalk that consists of a steady climb to the mountain face. Here a stepped boardwalk climbs through steep terrain and boulders fields before reaching the summit plateau. A rough mountain path negotiates the wild summit plateau for a few kilometres before reaching an ancient cairn (the remains of a burial mound dating from the Bronze Age 2,500 – 500 BC) that stands at 666 metres (2,182 ft) above sea level.
The imposing mountain flanks of Cuilcagh give this walk a very atmospheric feeling providing breath taking views, the most impressive view is of Lough Atona, a picturesque lake nestled at the foot of the mountain which was carved out by the glacier during the last Ice Age approximately 13,000 years ago.
An exciting walk with consistently stunning views of the Irish landscape, The Stairway To Heaven delivers on it’s name and is recommended for those seeking adventure and beauty.
- Departs Dublin at 7am
- Arrive Cuilcagh Mountain Park at approximately 10.30am
- After your walk, take a tour of the spectacular Marble Arch Caves Geo Park
- Bus Depart's the Park at 4pm sharp!
- Arrive back in Dublin approx 7.30pm
- For those who do not wish to walk the full trail there is a shorter option - Walk 2km small loop on a short boardwalk path and visit.
- Bring : food, drink, snacks - leave no trace - there are several bins and seated areas along the track for you to rest /picnic but do not litter
Time: Allow approx 4 Hours. If your reasonably fit, you can do it in approx 3
Terrain: Gravel track, boardwalks & exposed mountain path.
Total ascent: 550metres
Please be aware that:
- It is important to choose a route that suits everybody in your group.
- Weather conditions on Cuilcagh Mountain can be quick to change & inhospitable all year round making way finding difficult in poor visibility at any time of the year.
- Equip yourself for walking in a mountainous area, waterproof clothing, boots, spare clothing, map, compass, first aid, food, drink etc.
- Carry a map and stay to the way marked trail. Be aware that mobile reception in the area is poor. Make sure your driver has the names and phone numbers of everyone in your group
- In an Emergency: call 999 or 101 and ask for Mountain Rescue.
You have achieved A LOT today!