The Dirmnagh Haunted Castle Tour
21st May 2010 ~ 15.00-17.00pm
BOOK ONLINE NOW! – LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE!
Hidden Dublin Walks, the only company who dares take you to the Infamous Hellfire Club is proud to present its new Irish Castle Excursions. These specials will run throughout the Spring and Summer of 2010. Keep an eye on our webpage to see where our next excursion will take you! Dates and times will vary. Please ensure you choose the correct date and venue on the booking form or we cannot guarantee your seat. It is possible to turn up on the day and pay without booking online, but preference will always be given to online bookings. This is the only way to secure your place!
Come join us and explore some of Ireland’s greatest historical landmarks, learning of their colourful histories, and of the ghosts that haunt them! Max 53 places available on our bus per tour. Adults only. Private / larger group excursions available upon request.
Meeting Point – The Brazen Head, Ireland’s Oldest Pub, 20 Lower Bridge Street. See www.brazenhead.com for directions. Please arrive 20 minutes prior to tour departure.
|GUIDED BUS TRIP TO ONE OF DUBLIN’S BEST PRESERVED MEDIEVAL CASTLES ~ DRIMNAGH CASTLE
- Board our private Castle Express outside Ireland’s oldest and finest pub, The Brazen Head. En route to and from Drimnagh Castle, we will regale you with tales of life in Medieval Dublin and the haunting legends that abound along our route such as the ghosts of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and the infamous Irish Headless Horseman, the Dullahan!
- Arrive at Drimnagh Castle – After disembarking the bus, you will be guided through one of Ireland’s loveliest and most picturesque castles dating back as far as 1216. This remarkable hidden gem is the only surviving castle in Ireland with a flooded moat. The castle once belonged to the Norman De Barnewall family, and remained inhabited until 1954. It is known for its legend of the lady Eleanora, rumoured to have committed suicide by throwing herself from the tower. While marvelling at this medieval oasis in the heart of suburban Dublin, be on the lookout for a faint smell of lilies, eerie crying, and the feeling of being watched – Drimnagh Castle has quite a few ghosts!
- Your guide will recount the history of the castle, including the 1980’s renovation and restoration of the great hall and battlements. You will also have the chance to walk through the beautifully maintained 17th Century Parrterre garden.
- The historical excursion of Drimnagh Castle will last approximately 2.5 hours (inclusive of travel time to and from Drimnagh Castle)
- You will finish back at The Brazen Head, where you can avail of our special drinks promotions, enjoy their wonderful food, and dance the night away to live music!
Tags: Dublin Sightseeing, Dublin Tours, Ghost Bus Dublin, Walking tours Dublin