Cavan Burren Park Day tour - Blacklion
Meeting Point: Outside the Bank Bar, 20 College Green, Dublin, Dublin 2
Departs: 07.15 Every Monday only throughout the year
Finish Location: Returns to College Green : 18.00
Watch the actual walk footage from our Drone below on the tour:
Travel with us from Dublin, directly to the Cavan Burren Geopark. Situated about 3km from the village of Blacklion and north-west of the Cuilcagh Mountain, you will find this beautiful Limestone plateau at a height of Approx. 295 meters
above sea level.
This has to be one of the best kept secrets of the Cavan Way, with its rolling hills and beautiful scenery of the local landscape.
The park holds a number of magnificent archaeological monuments like the Giant's grave wedge tomb and limestone bedrock being formed in a shallow tropical sea around 340 million years ago.
What is really exciting about this walkway is that all the individual trails are all marked with signage and each one is marked with its own colour.
There are over 10 km of trails but because of the unique way it was designed the walker can choose whichever walk they would like to go on and each trail will always bring you back to the visitors center.
The visitor center on site details the history of the park and its surrounding geological and archaeological history.
All the trails start at the visitor center,and as they are all loop walks - each trail you do will take you right back to the visitor center - so no fear of getting lost.
At the beginning of the walks there is a display area which you can study and see all the trails and where each one will take you. It will also give you the distance for each one and the estimated time it will take you to complete each walk. As per our tour video above, we take in ALL 5 trails - totaling approx 10km and taking around 3 hours to complete. You can however choose whatever you prefer - all have magnificent views and geology.
- Trail 1: The Calf House Dolmen Trail (1.3km) Approx. 35mins/25mtr Climb
- Trail 2: The Giant`s Leap Trail(2.7km) Approx.50min/35mtr Climb
- Trail 3: The Promontory Fort Trail(2.9km) Approx.60mins/65mtr Climb
- Trail 4: Tullygobbin Lough Trail(1.6km) Approx.45mins/15mtr Climb
- Trail 5: The Cavan Way marked Way, This trail takes in Trails 2&4.
- Departs Dublin at 7.15am
- Arrive in Cavan Burren GeoPark at approximately 10.40am where you depart the bus
- Allow at least 4 hrs to complete the walk - this is NOT including time spent with refreshments - Get back on the bus at the carpark at 2.30pm Sharp
- Arrive back in Dublin at approx 6pm
- Bring : food, drink, snacks - leave no trace - there are several bins and seated areas along the track for you to rest /picnic but do not litter
- Equip yourself for walking. Weather conditions can be quick to change & inhospitable all year round. Stay to the way marked trail
- Make sure your driver has the names and phone numbers of everyone in your group.
The walk / tour is taken at the customers own risk. Hidden Dublin Walks accepts no responsibility for personal injury, theft or harm of any nature, ON ANY PART OF THE TOUR OR AT ANY LOCATION, and reserves the right at all times to refuse admission, change, or cancel an event. By attending the events, you confirm that you are of suitable mental and physical health. By booking, you agree to the Terms of service and policy.
Licence number 17236